Isaiah chapter 53
Isaiah chapter 53, an expository teaching by Bill Rhetts (graphic video imagery included)
The late Dr. Robert Hawkers of the 1700’s, said this of chapter 53 ~
“This may very well be called the Chapter of Chapters, concerning the Lord Jesus Christ; in which the two great features of his character are drawn to the full: the sufferings of Christ; and the glory that should follow. The Prophet, under the Holy Ghost, most blessedly sets forth the Lord Jesus, under both.”
This video includes, but is not limited to ~
- The fourth suffering Servant Song (which includes five chiastic stanzas)
- It is rich in the Doctrine of the ‘Substitutionary Atonement’
- Also included are many other important doctrines
- The humiliation and exaltation of Christ
- How the Hebrew language more accurately displays a violent catastrophic, prophetic, exchange of sins
- A graphic video overlay
- The Biblical appearance of Christ (according to the Hebrew language)
- The effects upon Christ
- The extent of His atonement
- The evangelism of Isaiah 53
- The importance of sharing the Gospel in Israel, as well as all other countries
- The interposition of the ‘arm of the Lord,’ and
- Gods holy hatred and wrath towards sin.
As a Christian, I must not view the doctrine of interposition as a mere horizontal good work or accomplishment, as I am nothing but excrement in His hand. I do this vertically to imitate God and Christ. Whether it be how God interposed against David’s enemies in Psalm 144 or how Christ interposed for God’s elect in Isaiah 53. I do this to glorify God and exalt Christ. And this is not done without preaching or sharing His glorious Gospel.
The notes to this sermon can be viewed here.